WORKING IN PARTNERSHIP WITH PARENTS
We understand that leaving your child at nursery can be a very difficult process (as we have experienced with being mothers ourselves) but by working in partnership with parents we can make it easier. We encourage parents and children to visit the nursery before starting with us, enabling children to gain awareness of the setting, routines within nursery and familiarise themselves with other children and our staff. We like parents to be actively involved within all areas of nursery life and promote this. Mucky Munchkins Childcare recognises that working in partnership with parents is of major value and importance when providing a happy, caring, and stable environment for children. We aim to form a good relationship with parents and carers so that information regarding their children (be it developmental, social, or health related) can be exchanged easily and comfortably by nursery staff and parents.
In order to fulfil our aim in working in partnership with parents: –
- We are committed to an ongoing dialogue with parents to improve our knowledge of the needs of their children and to support their families;
- We provide access to written information and through regular informal communication. We check to ensure parents understand the information which is given to them;
- We inform all parents on a regular basis about their child’s progress;
- We hold Parents Evening every term where parents can come into nursery to discuss their child’s progress one on one with their child’s Key Worker.
- We involve parents in their child’s Learning Journal and invite them to add to their child’s online learning journal via the Famly App. We love to see information from home like photographs, things they make a home, activities they love doing.
- We welcome the contributions of parents; in whatever form these may take.
- We provide opportunities for parents to learn about the nursery curriculum and about young children’s learning, both in the nursery and at home.
We also have the following systems in place: –
1. Daily Activity Log via the Famly App. These detail nappy changes, sleeps, food eaten, activities undertaken that day etc.
2. We ask parents to regularly add to their child’s online learning journal via the Famly App to show us what their child has been up to at home at the weekend, what they have enjoyed the most and any WOW moments which they may have done.
3. We regularly obtain the views of the parents on what they feel their child’s next steps are at home and with us in the nursery.
4. We also provide parents with a “Feedback Questionnaire” to obtain their views on how they feel their child is developing, are they happy with the service provided, would they change anything and any suggestions. These are sent out every 6 months.
5. We provide parents with Home Learning based around the child’s next steps and interests.
6. Newsletters are also sent out on a monthly basis.
7. Keyworker system- this ensures that each child has their own keyworker who is responsible for completing observations and assessments on their group of children- any information about the child can also be shared directly between the parent/carer and their child’s keyworker. It also helps the child to know they have their own particular member of staff to help and reassure them if need be.
8. We regularly update our newsfeed on the Famly App with activity ideas, newsletters and relevant information to keep all parents up to date.
9. Parents can message their child’s Key Person at any time via the Famly App
Parents/carers are requested to keep us informed of any changes in personal details. These may include change of address, telephone number, doctor, emergency contact.
Parents/carers are also requested to keep us informed of any circumstances which could have an effect on the child’s emotional wellbeing, e.g. bereavement, separation or illness in the family.